- Wednesday-Saturday at 8pm with 2pm Saturday matinees
- Christmas Week Performances: Dec 22, 23, 26, 27 (no shows Dec 24 or 25)
- Run Time: 2 hours (including 15 minute intermission)
- Pay-What-You-Can Preview: Thursday, Dec 3
- Subscriber Appreciation Saturday: Saturday, Dec 5 (following matinee)
- Artist Talkback: Friday, Dec 11
- Theatre Club: Saturday, Dec 12
- Preshow Performances of Match Girl: Dec 5, 11, 18
Dec 4-Jan 2
A Christmas Carol: On the Air
by Peter Church
Ebenezer Scrooge is a miserable old miser who hates irrational things like happiness, generosity, and Christmas, until a trio of ghosts shows him the error of his ways. Pacific Theatre goes back on the air, giving this beloved holiday tale new life through the charm and magic of a 1940’s-style live radio show.
Directed by Sarah Rodgers.
Featuring Peter Church, Matthew Simmons, Chris Lam, Diana Squires, Paul Griggs, Kirsty Provan, and Julia Siedlanowska.
Set and Costume Design by Amy McDougall. Lighting Design by Kougar Basi. Stage Management by Shelby Bushell.
“The ‘radio show’ is alive and well in the hands of director Sarah Rodgers and adaptation aficionado Peter Church.” – Review Vancouver
Watch our trailer!
PRESHOW PERFORMANCES: MATCH GIRL
Dec 5, 11, and 18 at 7:25pm
Inspired by the story of Match Girl, we will be accepting donations of warm clothing for Covenant House throughout the run of A Christmas Carol: On the Air.The greatest needs include underwear, men’s shoes (size 10-13 or larger), and men’s jeans. Also needed: warm sweaters, rain gear, “teen” style clothing, and toiletries.
More information about Covenant House at http://covenanthousebc.org/.